Sunday, August 2, 2020

Courage = Faith + Determination


At these times of pandemic, we have seen heroes who are changing our world and helping us, if not selflessly, undoubtedly beyond their own capacity: doctors, nurses and people who are laboring in hospitals are risking their lives. It is courage.

Some would say it is their job; others would say they didn’t have a choice, but IT IS courage, and you know what, courage is the result of a very interesting formula:

Faith + Determination = Courage

In the example mentioned, faith comes from their profession and their call, the reason for what they are doing what they are doing; determination comes from a sense of purpose.

What about you and me? How much courage do we have?

Well, let’s go to the formula and check our faith – I am not meaning the religious faith although it could be it:
  • Looking at the negative situation in front of me, how much do I feel confident I will overcome it?
  • If I don’t feel I can conquer this situation, what can I do so that I feel OK even though this is happening?
  • Looking into my past, which other situations I was able to go through well, that can teach me a useful lesson for the present circumstance?

In relation to determination, the best way is to:
  • Understand what is going on, what are the best steps I can take now and my next steps.
  • Experiment with thoughts and ideas, exploring new ways to put them into reality.
  • Keep on checking the self and results, motivating the self to move forward no matter what.

By strengthening both faith and determination, naturally courage will come from within, enabling the person to shape their reality and hopefully, other people’s reality. A new hero is born…

No comments:

Post a Comment