Sunday, August 9, 2020

Spiritual solutions for non-spiritual problems

Many years ago I was involved with a project for purchasing a house. The organization is such that all the work is done by volunteers and no charges! How to get the money to buy a house then?

The answer: lots of inspiration, commitment and a deep sense of belonging. We finally got the house, it was magical and it is full of stories, one of those is related to the fact that as soon as we finalized the deal, we started to remodel it as the house was in such a bad shape. I think the cost was the same as purchasing it.

I am not sure how we were able to move forward, but there was one moment the person in charge of finances told me there was no money at all and we should pause the construction. The architect insisted with me they could delay the construction for only a few days.

One day… two days… and nothing! But meanwhile, I was working on a different level, more spiritual and more towards within than outside. It was in a way a wonderful time to practice meditation and reflection, and even though there was stress, I was feeling magic in the air…

That second day, I had a touching of calling someone; he used to come and I wanted to invite him to know the new house, and he came – that was magic in itself, since he has been disconnected for a long time. My intention was clear: he was a businessman so he probably knew other businessmen and he could talk to them, and maybe we could get cheaper material (our main problem in terms of budget). But after my pitching, he just looked at me and said: Just give me your bank account.

Now, I have seen many people trying to solve physical problems – a divorce, an illness, money difficulties – by meditating or doing some spiritual/religious practice. And I am one of those people who believe this works very well, but not always and not by itself.

Spirituality and pragmatism are more effective if they are balanced… A wise yoga teacher once told me: just do your maximum and God will help with the rest.

Try it: take a problem or an issue and while doing all you can, meditate, contemplate or do whatever is needed for your own empowerment or calmness. I am sure you will find a solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment