Sunday, March 1, 2020

Healing within


One thing I remember very well about my childhood: my bleeding knees… Yes, I used to run and fall a lot! After some time, it would create a dark skin over the wound, particularly after applying some type of painful medicine. Eventually, the skin would have gone, again more bleeding and at last I would look at my knee and see it completely healthy, ready for another run, another fall…

One day, my fall was bigger than the normal: I was practicing judo and I’ve broken my arm. My master, perhaps afraid of consequences, decided to deal with it and the results were horrible; I still have to make effort to touch my right shoulder with my right hand!

And there are wounds that seem to never leave you alone – I still wear glasses for reading, an outcome from bad reading habits.

But these are all physical and visible – or at least they can be felt. However, as humans, we accumulate many invisible internal wounds. Most will be healed in time, others will leave sequels and a few will lay unsolved.

Learning from the physical world may help us healing internally:
  • We should be careful about not hurting ourselves due to the same circumstances over and over again. To practice introversion, to sustain an inner dialogue and to meditate will help us to prevent that.
  • And if after talking with the self, we are still stumbling on the same stone, maybe we can go and look for someone who will help with that.
  • Some wounds are too deep or too big to be ignored and they threaten to maim the soul. Patience and perseverance in healing by applying several techniques will help dealing with them.
  • Let’s overuse kindness, compassion, mercy and forgiveness, particularly with the self.
  • Some wounds seem to integrate themselves in our personality, changing the way we are not for the best. A therapy may help us to change ourselves back to a healthy being.
  • Adopting a spiritual path will definitely help us to deal and to manage those wounds with which we will have to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment