Sunday, June 30, 2019

Tips of productivity


To be productive gives you more than just an edge or a pay raise, it gives you a great possibility for improvement. It is important for me, not only because from a professional perspective, but also for my own development.

With this in mind, in this post, I will share with you some of the things I do to be more productive. They are generic attitudinal aspects and later I will make my best to go into practical details.
  • Try and try and try… There is no right formula or right way to do things in less time getting maximum gaining, which is a definition of productivity. So you must try several times.
  • Use your specialties. I am good with IT in general, so I use lots of spreadsheet, google calendar, etc. Check your specialties and work from them.
  • Create categories in relation to what you have to do. I myself have EVENTS (once), PROJECTS (more than once) and TASKS (may be repeated).
  • Organize your life in a natural way. If something is not natural, it will be hard to do it. A suggestion is that you check a very productive day looking for aspects in relation to what you have done, in which order and how. Then, just replicate that to other days.
  • Establish a series of routines. People are scared of it, but for a productive person, a routine is something you can do without thinking much, enabling you to give energy to more important aspects of your life. How many people have amazing ideas while taking a shower?
  • Manage negative disruptions. Although disruption in itself is negative, it is the terror of a productive person being interrupted by something and having to diverge their energy towards solving it. I use lots of slips of paper when I am interrupted; I note what I was doing at that point, so that I can continue later.
  • Embrace positive disruptions. Yes, there are disruptions that are most welcome. Recently, I had the visit of my mum and sister, and it was great to stop the flow of my personal production and dedicate time to them… It reenergizes, revitalizes and it makes you see things in a different perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment