Sunday, June 16, 2019

Why it is relevant to discover who you are


Identity is all. Most people don’t know that because their identities seem to be quite defined, but as times change and reality offers different possibilities, maybe it is a good time to reflect on a simple question: Who am I?

An example: in Brazil, my birthplace, when people ask me my surname, or last name, I respond Gimenez; but in Colombia and Spanish-speaking countries, I had to adopt my other surname (from my mother), Bulk, due to the way Spanish-speakers write full names. It does not look like a big thing, but just think if the American ex-president John Kennedy was called John Fitzgerald in Colombia…

An identity is more than a number or an identification card; it represents you: your culture, your way of seeing things, your thoughts, emotions and your style. If you misunderstand your identity, you will feel as if you have lost precious time of your life.

In times of high use of internet and social network, I invite you to ask yourself the question: Who am I? In a reflective mood, wait for the answer that will come from within and let yourself be guided by this real identity.

Don’t let yourself be guided by the several different superficial identities that are currently defining people…

No comments:

Post a Comment