Sunday, June 2, 2013

Improving the health in relationships


Something I've learned from spirituality is that we are complete beings originally, that is, you really do not need anything from anyone. I'm not talking physically, where we need to eat, sleep and keep the body's biological system working. What I mean is the spiritual, emotional and mental points of view - we are complete beings with an inner source of peace, love, happiness, power and purity.

However, many have taught us otherwise. They even told us to look for a companion and business focus went from the cult of personality to promoting teamwork.

Apparently the two ideas are contradictory, but I've learned many years ago that contradiction is something that does not exist in spirituality. The development of the self has a lot to do with the stage and the time the person is living, and the consciousness with which he or she does things.

From a spiritual point of view, relationships with others do not provide anything extra. What they do is ENCOURAGE something we already have internally. For example, through unconditional love, our mothers encouraged the love that we had internally; perhaps, without a loving mother, that love we already have would not emerge, and other behaviors will replace it, like conditional love or selfishness.

That means your interaction with others is essential. It is like certain elements that are in the body, but for its process, the body requires sunlight or some kind of external stimulant.

And it is in this awareness that relationships' health is based. If my consciousness is that I will be supplemented, or I have to give something to someone, at some point I will be let down when that person does not use what I gave her or him, or when I get less than I expected. If my consciousness is that my relationships are all the stimuli I need, I will accept whatever I receive with pleasure and love.

When relationships are healthy, they will teach and enrich. If relationships are healthy, other people will feel it is an honor to be with you, they will feel richer for being there.

If relationships are unhealthy, it's time to find a "vitamin", even an "operation" that heal it. Cutting a relationship is like cutting off an arm; it is the last resort.

I hope that you can always have healthy relationships.

1 comment: