Sunday, May 5, 2013

The way to travel and learn


There are very few exciting experiences like travelling. Since immemorial times, people have been reporting their trips around the world and Marco Polo was just one of them.

There are now TV channels dedicated to it and there are people who earned their income doing exactly that: travelling!

But travel in itself is really not pleasant. Perhaps for the 1% who are so rich and who can travel only first class, or private jets. Otherwise travelling is not good, and it can get worse and worse.

As I write this I am following up the strike in a very important airline - in fact, I just traveled using their services less than two months ago - and how thousands of flights couldn't take off. And let's not talk about security issues, weather issues and the Murphy Law for travelers: "When you want to move around and be social, your companions in travelling will be as closer to zombies as you can get...".

So, I always thought: what is behind travelling, really?

From my perspective, I think the biggest benefit I have received all this time through the art of travelling was to learn more and faster. It is not only what you see, listen to or even what they tell you, but just the fact you are out of your own environment makes you totally open to add something different to your perception.

It also makes you to appreciate certain aspects of yourself you wouldn't even notice if you are not in this different and strange place. You learn how much tolerance you have or how sensitive you are towards other people's needs better in a trip than going to your work, or talking to your kids.

It also opens your minds for the unlimited possibilities of human beings. I have seen buildings, food, juices, clothes, color skin, I have tasted things I would never could without travelling, and I have heard sounds and music that were unique. And that showed me human greatness in its maximum form.

It is like the place we live is just a small box. Out there, we have infinite possibilities and perhaps the answer to our questions. Questions those in our box could not answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment