Sunday, September 24, 2023

Why do we think too much?

A short video I saw many years ago was a pony trying to leave its stable… Hesitation, a bit of fear and FINALLY, after a few anguished moments, it steps out of it. All because of a small step on its way. The theme the person who posted it was OVERTHINKING.

And that may be a problem for ponies, I am not sure, but it is for sure a HUGE problem for everyone.

  • We need to take a step, but… can we really do it? Is it safe? What about the safe place I am living right now, it is not that bad, you know? I think this is the wrong direction…
  • Or, we need to take a jump, we need a big change to take place in our lives. No, I cannot do this! I am not prepared! My (wife, husband, friend, brother…) told me I wouldn’t be able to do it… It is too much, let me wait a little bit more…
  • Furthermore, we maybe need a breakthrough. I prefer to stay where I am, it is not so good, but not too bad either. It is too risky!

Overthinking may be everywhere and I am sure, right now, you are overthinking about something…

Or maybe, I am overthinking about you…

There is not one solution, but a few things you can do:

  • If you know you will need something, prepare yourself beforehand.
  • If the change is small (a step), choose the best moment to do it. Some will prefer to be surrounded by close friends, others by themselves, the important thing is that YOU TAKE THAT STEP.
  • If the change is big (a jump), you need to reflect and contemplate on it, but don’t overcook your decision or as some people say, don’t get paralyzed by the analysis. Probably the best thing is to get help from someone in terms of guidance, resources or a good chat.
  • Now, if the change is a transformation, you do need help if that generates storms of thoughts in your mind. Perhaps, ask around to see who has gone through a type of change like that; probably it will different, but there are some lessons you can learn.

I hope that will be helpful.

Was it helpful? Are you sure? I don’t know I think I missed something……..

 

Just kidding! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment