Sunday, January 22, 2017

A life to be remembered

A big part of my life has been dedicated to three things: changing the self, helping others to change themselves and reflecting on leadership and how organizations could work.

In relation to the first two aspects, I follow the steps of someone I did not have the honor to meet in person: Prajapita Brahma, who passed way a few years after I was born, left a legacy that is an important treasure for me.

His life is an example in terms of dedication, renunciation and attainments during his own change process. He created a unique methodology of meditative yoga in which God takes the main place; by remembering God, speaking powerful words and performing actions in a spiritual awareness, he showed us that method gave good results and enabled us to change the self.

On the other hand, he created a spiritual university, challenging many assumptions about spirituality. For instance, he put women in a high position, something unheard of at that time. Also, the service done by this university is totally voluntary, so it is done with lots of love and gratitude in the heart.


This week, I was remembering him a lot as on the 18th, Brahma was remembered, after having passed away in 1969. Remember means becoming, and so I go on my own path of self-transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment