Thursday, January 12, 2017

A reflection on this birthday

Today is my birthday. Actually, there are two birthdays! No, no kidding let me explain...

The first birthday celebrates the day I was born. However, I notice that as the years go by, thoughts and feelings become more and more, well, corporeal and conversations begin to revolve around doctors and medicine, hospitals and fatigue, illnesses and miraculous, or not so miraculous, cures and, of course, do you remember So-and-So? Just died!

But I have a second birthday and I dare to think that you too: the day I discovered I was different from what I thought I was. In my case, on the day of my birth, I entered a beautiful house, in a beautiful neighborhood of São Paulo. There I learned something completely different: I found out that it was not this body, but a spiritual being.

That impacted a lot on personal, social and professional life, because while the body is extremely limited, the soul is a flying bird that never stops and helps me to look at my body in a different way. It helps me not to let myself be limited, forgetting how amazing it is to be one more year on Earth.

How fascinating is that I solved the obstacles that at one point prevented me from reaching to this point. I GOT IT! And that is fundamentally important, because instead of talking about diseases, doctors, etc., I prefer rather to speak in what I have achieved, the accumulated wisdom that I had the opportunity to use, the growth and creativity that never ends.

Today, I celebrate being wiser than last year, being better than yesterday and looking forward at the future with a child’s eyes, always looking for the gift that life is still going to give me ...

Today, I celebrate having as many friends as you, people who inspired me and whom I inspire, people who are not allowed to stop no matter how high the mountain of obstacles ... For me it is a happy birthday, and for you, a happy reflection.

2 comments: