Thursday, September 1, 2011

On hurricanes and hurried lives

To be true, I have never been in an area when a hurricane is hitting it, in fact, I have never seen a hurricane. The closest I have been to "hurricanes" (in fact, strong storms) were twice in my life. In the first, I was a child - totally unprotected, coming back by foot from school. I've learnt I cannot fight it, but the company of my schoolmates, my bag and the fun we all got, it made it worthwhile.

The second time was in Punducherry, in South India. They explained to me it was a depression and during about 10 minutes, it rained what it should rain for one day. I was in a wonderful hostel there, looking at the ocean, and the ocean just got merged in the darkness, vanishing before my eyes, and the storm would come.

I keep thinking positively of everyone being hit by this catastrophes. They need our respect and care.

However, I learn something else: there are also hurricanes in our lives, even though we don't have hurricanes in our weather channel.

Like living storms, we walk into the cities and into each others' lives. We destroy others' dreams and lives many times, their projects and their effort. We are in a hurry to do things, and we become like living hurricanes.

It is time for us to just make some time out of our pace. It is time to experience ourselves as people, and enjoy each others' lives, dreams, projects and effort, just for the sake of them being our fellow human beings, our companions on Earth.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment