Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Sowing Paradox

There is a time for sowing and a time for harvesting. However, what happens during sowing times?

I am at present at that stage. Life has been quite exciting, too exciting for week-hearts people and, I must confess, even for my own taste.

But the paradox for me is that while sowing, well, there is no food available! Yes, I know my future will be bright, but I need to adjust my attitude and awareness for that. What am I doing to resist these times?

  • Keeping busy. It is easy just to give up sowing and fall into a kind of laziness and just stopping doing things. It is easier to go and buy in a supermarket, instead of sowing. So, I learn that if I keep busy in meaningful works until the harvest comes, that helps my mind and spirit.
  • Prioritizing. Someone told me once that when we are unemployed, that is the time where you can get lost so easily. Just yesterday I had to say NO for some course which was being offered to me. One of the wonders happened to me was to find my own prioritizing magic key, so I am using it. I am saying NO, or just saying I DON'T WANT TO THINK OF IT NOW. It is pretty important, because when harvesting comes, I will be very busy with that, too busy to sustain something I created and I did not want to.
  • A good environment. Walking, listening to nice songs or reading positive books, going to a park or just staying in a very clean room. This is so important! The environment makes things to you that you are not even aware of, and you are its creator.
  • Meditating can help me to keep a stable mind. Wasteful and negative thoughts are not useful at all, specially in these situations. The art of meditating keeps my humor OK, my thoughts flowing in a nice way and life looks beautiful.

Any more suggestions? Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment