Monday, April 4, 2011

Lost or loose thoughts?

  • I couldn't avoid... BroxZoosCobra's twitters were the best! Full of humour, at the same time took me into a nice tour around New York. It is still going on. I think INTERNET has become a wonderful way to know people with talent - whomever is representing the cobra is a great comedian. (or, you believe it was the cobra itself?)
  • Now I have the "modern" passport. Some people are calling it electronic passport, but it is the same one (two pages more...), about 3 times more expensive and with smaller letters. No complain, however.
  • Did you know life is always preparing you for something? My mind world map consists of very few countries where I would love to live, visit a few times or tour around. Korea is not one of them - my thoughts have always been in its neighbour, Japan (all my feelings for its people!). Anyway, a few years back I've met Ruth, an English woman who lived 30 years in Korea. Few years later, I've met a couple from Cartagena, Colombia, whose son was studying or working in Korea. About 2 years ago, I've met a young woman who was living in Brazil, guess where she was from?? Well, now I am about to kick off my first work of the year, with a company whose CEO is... YES! KOREAN! Then, I had all these people who gave me fascinating hints about the culture and people there.
  • In relation to the former entry, I was just checking a webpage, http://www.geert-hofstede.com/. Although very professional, they say there that Korean culture is basically the same as Latin culture. Wrong, fellows! I am Latin and, no, no comparison with Korean. So, yesterday, when I was checking again on the Principle of Uncertainty, it confirmed my theory: you alter whatever you were observing. By watching each culture, people from this company they "changed" their culture.


Well, take care, see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment