Sunday, November 26, 2023

Embracing a tough reality

How is reality for you? In fact, you have – and me too – two realities.

The first one is the REAL ONE, made by atoms and molecules, bodies, things and nature. The second one takes place in our mind and it is as real as the other one, but just for us; it is possible another person will perceive the same reality in a different way.

Let’s think of an exercise. Check an object that you know very well. Now, close your eyes and pick it up – memories will come related to the object. Some of those will be just images or sensations to the touch, but a few will be the moment you received it, who gave it to you, how do you feel when it is near and others that have nothing to do with the physical reality of that object.

In fact, by using this same concept in relation to the situations you see, you hear and you feel, there is something great about it: you may not change the reality as it is, but you can change the perception…

Back to the object: maybe it has been a symbol of love from another person. However, one day, your best friend needs it and you give it away; now, it becomes a symbol of YOUR love towards others. That is one of the most powerful keys to change perception, donation.

So, if your perception of reality is negative, donate something to others, in relation to that. A few examples:

Job situation is BAD! I can’t get work! So, I decide to volunteer and give others the best of myself.

Divorce is knocking at my door… I decide to talk with the person, but I will keep in my mind their special version, the reasons for which we got together.

I am suffering with bullies… I know it is going to pass; now, what I need is to talk with the people who love me, so that I am surrounded by that love and the bullying effect decreases.

So, don’t bother too much with the circumstances; work on your perception and they will change, at least for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment