Friday, July 2, 2010

The deep lack of thought

One of my favourite moments was my first (and upto now, the only) visit to Trinidad-Tobago, a small island in the Caribbean. I've enjoyed those moments, and I also had the opportunity to serve others in English, a language with which I am still getting comfortable (in fact, I've just learned I speak Globish). During a moment of leisure, I've started to read an article where Peter Senge, whom I've just met a month ago, was clarifying his position.

He was saying how people were looking forward a leader on a "white horse", instead of a leader who could think. More than a decade later, I still agree with Senge.

There is a deep lack of thinking deeply, understanding and reflecting in a world where everything has to be done for yesterday. Ironically, doing without thinking deeply makes people double-do their work. Even their lives.

Did you ever try to think very deeply? I am not saying about a boring thinking process, but something that enriches you and others, something that makes your life more valuable than ever. Try it, and see the results in your life.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment