Sunday, May 21, 2023

How is your transition going?

We have been running wildly as a civilization, society and individuals, and, all of a sudden, BOOM! We had to stop…

Like a 200 Km/h car, our world almost crashed, but, hey, we are still here!!

After the pandemic, we have been through a sort of transition, with not much leadership and counting with our own values, beliefs and self-leadership.

And I think it is important to do a checking on how things are really going. In this way, we can reinforce what is working and correct what needs to be corrected. Here are a few questions that may help:

How am I feeling? Let’s start from the abstract, the feelings and sensations. Try to be very specific in relation to those.

How am I doing? Let’s check now about our activities; it is useful to compare the NOW with the BEFORE (pandemic) and to use some indicator (how much I am earning, my trips, meditation experience, etc.).

How am I relating to others? Again, a bit subjective, but it is important to verify the way my relationship to other people has evolved during these years.

How much progress am I making? At this point, it is good to stop and reflect. Progress is not difficult to understand, but many people tend to interpret sensations while others only see results. To know your progress, you have to check the general sensation that you are MUCH BETTER than before, but at the same time, some HARD RESULTS to back that up. If one of them or neither of them is good, it is quite possible you haven’t moved ahead as much as you might think.

I hope what comes from this exercise helps in your own transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment