Sunday, May 8, 2022

Other people, other worlds

People have been compared with islands – sometimes because of the isolation, but you can think of people as a self-sufficient world.

Yes, we need other people and only a handful attempts to live isolated have really worked. However one thing is to connect and live with others out of need; another thing is to have so much to share and to be open to what others have to share. It means we are all rich…

I am not talking about physical wealth: some people’s richness comes from their virtues, other people’s wealth is their talents or their lifestyle, but in essence, we are all rich people! That is a big change of perspective.

The other person is as rich as me. That means, they don’t need me and I don’t need them.

We are different worlds and by sharing what we have, and accepting what others share we may build a wonderful relationship.

So, just think: what do I have that can enrich others?

Now, in relation to the people with whom you have a relationship: what do they have that is enriching my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment