Sunday, February 9, 2020

Silence and power in modern society


I was trying to do a research of silence in the modern world, but I think I will share my own experience of silence, what silence REALLY is and how it works.

My personal belief is that silence is what is missing in the world. I am not talking about shut up silence, but the silence that comes from being fulfilled, which helps to feel an inner satisfaction. More than a lack of words, it is the state when words are not enough or not necessary to express the feelings.

It is missing because the present society is very noisy and specifically the noise of the social networks makes it unbearable for anyone to make a real decision, to set proper goals or just enjoy themselves, as there is always another person’s suggestion, opinion and influence.

When I get into silence, naturally I am able to prevail over all that influence and make my own decisions, and this is by far the biggest benefit of silence in the present environment we live.

So, everyday I experience silence in two different ways, and sometimes, when it is needed, I do another exercise:
  • I meditate and I let that silence quieten my mind, my emotions and my intellect, giving them time and space to understand reality and help me dealing with it.
  • Particularly during early morning, I prefer to not talk. I enjoy those experiences of silence as they clear my mind and my purpose towards the day.
  • From time to time, I face crisis; silence helps me to charge the self and overcome the challenges.


I invite you to join me in this experience of silence…

No comments:

Post a Comment