Sunday, December 23, 2012

New and Old, and also Christmas


Do you like Christmas? Do you REALLY like Christmas?

So, if I give you something OLD, very OLD, practically useless for many people - after all, it is something you can't buy or sell, and it does not indicate status either... would you accept that?

Probably not, right? Your thoughts are probably going to a new watch, car, dress, or anything of the sort. Not something OLD, never!

It is something that exists even before the original date of Christmas - yeah, the one when THAT baby was born.

It is something that some people say we practice even before we are born.

Because, you know, I want to give you a smile. Gentle, kind, encouraging, loving, friendly - you can choose!

I know that my smile won't make you richer, more beautiful than you are now and it won't open doors for you in the high society. I am sorry it won't serve you so that you could sell it. And I am happily giving it for free.

But... you know, I think at some point next year, that will be very useful. It is a virtual smile - you can't see it, but I am giving it to you while I am typing this post. And it will be useful for you, when you feel the lack of gentleness and kindness, when you don't have the courage to do something, and when your heart feels a little empty.

At those moments, just remind yourself of this very useless gift I am giving to you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment