Sunday, April 30, 2023

Finding your higher purpose

If you are a very conscious person, you have your purpose in life very clear. By the way, I am sure you are such a person and your purpose is totally clear!

But, as we have too many things to do (and the pile is increasing), it is possible we forget a very important purpose since each activity or group of activities has its own.

For instance, I work as a coach and business consultant. My purpose is very clear: I want people feel empowered in an organizational environment. It is a nice and practical one, present in my mind at each one of my interventions, lectures, workshops and all that I do.

However, I also like to cook; because I am not a good cook, I have to set a purpose to each of my interventions. There was a Christmas that I felt people were not so enthusiastic, so I decided to cook a shepherd pie, a VEGETARIAN shepherd pie. It was hard work, but at the end people were literally blossoming. By the way, it was delicious.

So, what is my purpose? To help people in organizations or to give them enthusiasm? Both? Neither?

Then comes what is called a higher purpose: it is the reason of life beyond profession or lifestyle. It is a subtle energy that guide us like a compass.

Noticing the two purposes I’ve mentioned, both coincide in at least one point: I want people to feel better than they are. And that is part of my higher purpose.

Why do we need a higher purpose? Let’s understand what happens when there is clarity in relation to a higher purpose: there will be clarity on the path, objectives and even the small purposes, set for actions. Besides, it will boost self-esteem and it will help during uncertainty.

If you still don’t have a clear higher purpose, it is time to do your homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment