Sunday, March 15, 2015

Finding the truth

I can't say I have been looking for the truth, but since I was a child, I was looking for something that was not present in my life. I have dedicated myself to read and learn as much as possible, but with no clear aim in my mind, except to understand my context. Unknowingly, I have been looking for the truth since I was a child.

One of the Hinduism ideas is that we are all living a big illusion... That is not far from the fact our society is more and more into things that provide us satisfaction, even though it is an illusion. A proof of that is the fact we give much more importance to industry than to agriculture; salaries, status, comments in the media, all show it. However, we can live without industry, but nobody can live without food. The reflection of that illusion in our economy is so big that a country is known as developed according to its own industries.

Similarly, we have surrounded ourselves - and I, as an individual, have surrounded myself - of things that give me the sense of comfort, satisfaction and happiness. But, in reality, most of it is an illusion. How to be free from it? By finding the truth about yourself and your life, about others and the world in general.

Looking for the truth is not something you can do using Google, nor even going to a library. It takes time, but, yes, you have to start somewhere, and Google and your local library is a nice beginning. Here are a few questions that can help you in that research.

  • Who am I? Beyond my known identity, what are my main characteristics?
  • Who is God? If you don't believe in God, what is your Higher Source of energy, power and love?
  • What is really happening in the world? Rather than a superficial analysis, how everything is connected?
  • What are my aims in life at the moment? Beyond my job and other responsibilities, what do I really expect from myself?
  • Which help do I need to accomplish whatever I want to accomplish?


I wish you success in this necessary and beautiful quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment