Sunday, January 13, 2013

About 30...


You possibly know I am in a spiritual path, with the Brahma Kumaris. And I tell you: in my wild dreams, I couldn't imagine one day I would be following this path... I never even imagined I would be discovering what I really am, and that that discovery would take decades. On the 12th., it is came three decades.

What I have found about myself in all this time it has been a wonder. It was like a veil being removed and the truth being revealed. After a time when I believed I was good for nothing, the depth of this path has helped me to find out I am not only good for everything, I am excellent.

Yet, before that wonderful day when I started going through my path, I used to do... things. I've read the first five books of the Bible, and most of the Old Testament; particularly, I've never felt attraction for the New Testament. I read the Bhagawad Gita and a small book used in the Sei-Cho-No-Ie. I never stopped really believing in some spiritual aspects of life, like God or reincarnation, but they were not in the spotlight of my existence. I always believed that a new era was to come, and not only that but I researched on it, and yet that did not change the route of my life.

30 years in a different path, chosen by my own will and decisions, have made a powerful impression in my life, moulding it and transforming it completely. The first impact was - and still is - about the essence of who I am. Not the body, not the person who was educated in such a such a way, but a soul. A free and complete soul, with all its capacities and powers. In fact, from time to time I still discover more and more aspects about who I am. It is fascinating and challenging to see my life changing not because something else is doing it, but because I am doing it.

30 years in this path has enabled me to rebuild my relationship with God. I believe every human being is not only a child of God, but his or her link with God is eternal and imperishable. However, all of us can lose that link at some point, so getting whatever you receive from that turns to be impossible. That was my case; God was an unknown figure in my life. It was so incredible how easy He came back into it. How I have learned to talk to Him again and to experience that eternal link, that eternal love. Everyday, I talk to God. Everyday, He responds to me. It is not a side relationship, it is the core part of my life as it is.

30 years in this path and I have seen obstacles melt in front of my eyes. Things I couldn't imagine I would be doing, I am doing them easily now. Melt is perhaps not the right word - I faced the obstacles using what I am receiveing from this path: knowledge, inner power, a new understanding, wisdom and a network of people who is always there to support me. I feel I am always victorious, because even when something does not happen as it should, I still learn and change.

30 years... and I have you in my life. Somehow, you have entered and you are sharing my feelings and thoughts. I welcome you and I thank you as you are part of it. You have taught me many things and I am sure there are still things to share with you in this path. Hope you can come also to your path. If it is the same as mine, I will be pleased. If it is not, I will be curious and glad to know you have found it. Because I wish one day you will also be 30 years in this path of yours. Even more...

Ah, did I tell you I am also having my birthday...

Thank you to be there.

And I thank myself to have accepted this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment