Sunday, December 11, 2022

Christmas 2 – celebrating with your own self

What would happen if you are somewhere during Christmas and you don’t have anybody else with whom to celebrate?

It happened to me: many years ago, I’ve moved to live in Santiago, Chile, and when Christmas came, I was all by myself.

OK, not exactly alone, because I was working and I had co-workers, but nobody I could call friend or family and that is with whom I would celebrate such an important festival. Besides, to be very sincere, I have never given importance to Christmas until that year.

When I felt a bit of loneliness as Christmas time was coming closer, I decided to do something about it: I called a few people I gave a meditation course and I asked them if they would like to come.

Although they were not my friends, there was a good feeling in relation to them and about 8 people accepted. It was wonderful: the energy, the conversations, the food! I think that was the best pie I have ever cooked!

I dedicated a long time and energy preparing the program, including the lunch, for all of us. That time and energy was useful and I saw the results when Christmas eve came, for I was feeling totally satisfied, even though physically I was at my place, alone.

It is a realization that it was not the company of other people that was important as much as it was, and still is, the company of my own self.

Don’t forget yourself amidst all parties and celebrations…

No comments:

Post a Comment