Sunday, November 25, 2018

Silence creates a subtle bond – Reason 68

Anyone’s life is surrounded by so many others whether in work, family, a circle of friends or any interaction with other people.  Most people just deal with that superficially: I like this person, I don’t like that one, it is better to avoid my uncle, I can’t talk with my partner anymore…

A leader uses different tactics to create and to strengthen the relationship with others.  One of these is the use of silence.

Although silence is often used for most people to quieten someone else or to avoid a sensitive subject, that is not the case for leaders.  When leaders don’t use words, their attitude creates vibrations that reach other people, and generates a subtle bond of understanding.


The power that comes from silence replaces the need to request another person to behave better, to lower the sound of music being played, to say I love you, or to motivate them to give a bit more for a particular task.


(Excerpt from the book 82 Reasons to be a Leader)

No comments:

Post a Comment