Sunday, December 27, 2015

And Christmas is over, so??

All the show and fun and gifts and kisses and hugs… all compressed in one day (more or less).

Now, I suggest you check on your gifts. Check also on your feelings, because that is what probably will last a while. Maybe a long while...

Our Christmas ritual, even though it has become more of a commercial success day, it is much more than that. In ways nobody can explain, it touches our heart and soul very deeply.

Personally, I was never so much into Christmas. That was until I moved to another country and realized I would be all by myself in that day.

I am not sure what I felt… Was it fear? Was I feeling abandoned? Loneliness? I decided to act so I’ve cooked a nice lunch and invited a bunch of people I know more or less and… I felt so good!! It was a unique feeling of belonging to a place I did not belong.

Many years later, I still remember that day although nowadays I am always with people I love around me. I had the taste of the spirit of Christmas, of that invisible feeling floating around us when that time comes.

But then, why to wait? Why to wait until a certain date comes? Just do it right now, with me and many other people around you.


A very merry ETERNAL Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment