Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Out of the world

Last week, I had a meeting with a very old friend in a city I know a lot and I don't know anything: London. It does give most of the people that feeling, a kind of familiarity and distance at the same time.

Well, story runs like this: I went to a Hilton hotel and he was not there. I could not call as I did not have a mobile, neither I could access INTERNET easily. At last, I was able to find a café INTERNET in the back of a supermarket (true story!), and I could find out that the Hilton I should go was another one, about 5 minutes from where I was.

All of that gave me a very interesting experience on how dependent we have become on our gadgets or devices. In a world in crisis, devices won't help as much as our own resources.

In fact, it was interesting looking for things that other people had in their own pockets. It was interesting to talk to strangers, look with more accuracy the gray and yet beautiful streets of this old city, looking for things that other people had in their own pockets.

In fact, all of us have so many resources inside, but we don't use - after all, we can find all from things that we have in our own pockets. It is a pity that not many people have the luck I had to live that experience. But, you can still try it - try to find a place without googling, try to talk to someone face to face instead of just emailing him, try to live differently and come in touch with those resources which you have and are just waiting for you, their master, to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment